Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm still here...

Let's just say, it's been quite the week.

I know it's been a while since I blogged, and I have photos and everything to post up. But my feet hurt from walking all over our housing in bare feet on hot cement trying desperately to find Oren - who was in the front yard covered in dirt when I got home to get the car. So I won't be getting up to get the camera.

And I've sort of avoided posting this. Because it makes it all the more real. We're moving. Leaving the Air Force quite a bit ahead of schedule, against everyone's better judgement, and without the preparations I would have rather had in place before making a leap like this. It was rather sudden news after a meeting with Mark's commander, and I want to thank my Mom for letting me talk through things because I called her in tears. And my best friend Amanda, who dropped everything and came from town to spend the day with me and lend me her shoulder.

But we're making plans for the future. Did you know that if you have basics in your food storage, you can feed a family of 6 for around $50 a week? Less if you're careful and use all those dried beans you've been avoiding because you don't want to OD on chilli. (I'll be posting a yummy black bean tortilla casserole later! Mark couldn't believe it had absolutely no meat in it...) It's been almost liberating to go through things and mercilessly throw them in the yard sale pile. I've set aside a few special outfits for each boy that I bought specifically for them as a newborn - and all the other newborn stuff is going bye-bye. It's all winter stuff and now would be the time that babies due in the fall would show their mommies what they are. :-) Those dishes I bought 2 years ago to service 12 and only used 2 settings twice? Gone!

There is a very small chance that we could stay in. There's a lot of work involved, but the benefits to Oren would be worth it - we couldn't afford his medical on our own. We should know within the next few weeks, crossing fingers it doesn't take longer, what is decided. In the meantime we are stuffing everything we can into savings, downsizing a huge amount of stuff, and he's applying to BYU-I.

That's been my week... and at least I feel better now than I did last Monday. And I'll try to get to blogging all the other stuff, like swimming lessons, and Daniel's latest achievements. Something postive. And anything to postpone the 6 page paper I have to write to finish my piano pedagogy course.

(What a killer! I got a phone call today from a lady who got my name off a website I signed up to list my name about piano lessons for her 2 young daughters. And I'm moving! Argh! At least I could point her to the two music stores in Boise that would have lists of local teachers that have signed up with them to be on said list. But according to Mark's sister, there is a shortage of cake decorators in Rexburg so I may make some decent money between semesters when all the weddings happen. Mine taste better than Walmarts...)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You guys will be in our prayers. Call me if you want to talk, I'm here for you!

Rachel Holloway said...

OH MY! Such big changes! I hope it all comes together. I am sure there are reasons--but it's hard nonetheless! Thinking of you!