Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Busy little me!

I love having frozen meals in the freezer for those days that I know are going to be super busy and I just don't want crock pot dinner. But I was down to my very last beefy noodle casserole! What to do?

Spend 2 days cooking! I have stuff planned for tommorrow too....

Yesterday I made 18 garlic parmesan chicken breasts, frozen in their coating and individually wrapped so I pull out what I need in the morning, thaw them, and bake them.

Today I braved 3 batches of Orange Braised Chicken Thighs, 1 batch of crock pot Steak Dionne (marinade, veggies, and meat in the bag- thaw and stick in crockpot.) 18 Swiss Cheese and Ham Melts with mustards poppy seed sauce individually wrapped in foil ready to be baked for 20 minutes and served, and got done 1 batch of Spicy Peanut Chicken. With 2 more to go!

Tomorrow's list is a bunch of rice, to be frozen ready as a side, and frozen in a Green Chile and Cheesey Rice casserole.

Man, there are days when I love having a deep freezer! Because I have also 2 batches of pulled pork for a variety of sauces, 3 bags of cubed ham and 3 of sliced ham, and 2 bags of cooked red beans for chili. Whew!

Of course, my house is a train wreck again, so I had to stick some cleaning in there too today. Boy, did I need a nap, so when Daniel wouldn't go to sleep unless I laid down with him to nurse him, I took full advantage of that!

3 comments:

Kathy Whittle said...

Wow! I am SO impressed at all the cooking you did! Way to go - And your meals sounded scrumptious! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Stephanie said...

Awesome! Wow, you're really into chicken, huh? :-)

I need to do some more freezer meals myself, there's not much in the freezer right now, and I don't usually think about what to do for dinner until Jeff has already started making something.

Michelle said...

I love chicken! In fact, my kids call all meat "chicken". Sad really... Actually, I was just making my way through my freezer meals cookbook and the chicken recipes were first. I'll be doing some beefy stuff and pork once I decide which yummy ones I want to do.