Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Great Appointment!

Today was officially my last OB appointment! It went great. I am still just a 3, which is fine since I hope he stays in there a bit longer. Sugars were good, his fluid levels are fantastic, and the ultrasound estimated his weight to be around 6 1/2 lbs today. If it's not off any, which they can be, he's measuring average. All that hard work with the diabetes has been work it to not have a 9 pound baby! He should be between 7 and 8 pounds by next week. Perfect!

I have been scheduled to be at Labor and Delivery Tuesday morning at 6 am sharp. An hour away in Boise, which means that the boys will all be farmed out the night before for sleepovers. Otherwise we'd be dropping them off sometime between 4:30 and 5 am. Ouch! I don't mind the early time, we'll get the show on the road quicker, and hopefully Mark can be home to get the boys by dinner time and get them all settled into bed. Even though I'd rather not be induced, the baby sitter situation is far easier than "Oh no! We gotta go! Quick, grab the kids and call the sitter!" And hope that everybody I need is home.... and that it's not 3 am.

I just can't believe it's so close. There is still so much to do on my "before baby" list, rooms to clean and stuff to get organized. I know afterwards it will be a long time before I have energy to tackle any of it. But I am battling this awful cough that is making it hard to do anything strenuous. I can talk, but it makes me cough. Whispering makes me cough. Breathing makes me cough. We're praying it goes away a fair amount before next Tuesday. The boys think it's funny that Mommy can't yell right now though!

No comments: