Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm a tad nervous now, thanks doctor....

I went down to the doctor today for my 37 week checkup. And walked away a very nervous mommy! At this stage with the other boys nothing was happening up in there, so I was not prepared to be told I am at a 3, and 75% effaced! How did that happen?!?!?!?!?

Great, now I am going to be watching the clock on every braxton hicks, because we live an hour away from the hospital, and who knows what will happen. We are crossing our fingers he stays in there a bit longer, so his lungs can finish developing. I just feel like a walking, ticking time bomb now. :-)



Good news on Oren though. We haven't had any migraine episodes since Sunday night! We think it may have been related to the fever he had, that he then passed on to Nathan. It may be something we have to deal with again in the future, but now we have an idea what it is and how to help him deal with the scary things he sees and hears.

And my bathroom got cleaned! I had this irresistable urge to scrub the toilet and tub last night, after making a batch of Rachel's little apple pies and doing the dishes. Boy, was I tired afterwards, but William had lots of fun watching me make the potty all white, and handing me paper towels. :-)

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

i JUST can't believe you are that far along! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! :) I am so glad you are getting close. I can't wait to see that new little one!

Nicia said...

I was just like you with Alyssa. I was 4 cm and probably 75% effaced (I can't remember now) but I didn't have her for another whole week 1/2! Don't be too stressed out! That's super excited though!!!