Friday, March 27, 2009

Nathan's Adventure!

We had a great day in Boise today. I left the other boys with Mark, and Nathan and I had some special time together. We hit the doctor's office first, where he got a huge hug from Dr. Beck. She cleared him for therapy, said he was healing great. No trace of a hole from the infection and wants to see us back in 3 months to see how the palate healed. Yay! She wasn't running too far behind, so we didn't have to spend 2 hours just waiting to see her today.

There is a new Joanns open here so we headed over there. I needed a duck applique for a baby towel I am doing for a friend, and I got the perfect one. Nathan got a treat since it was our special time. He doesn't get a lot of those, just him and a parent. It's the whole middle child thing, I think.

Next we popped over to Cost Plus, where they have some really neat home decor and even more important..... neat ethnic foods! Imported stuff from Spain, Indian curries, British candy, Italian pastas..... fun stuff. We got some multicolored alphabet pasta for dinner tomorrow and some cool pencils just for fun.

All this running made us hungry so we stopped into Carl's Jr for some lunch before heading home. Next time I am getting a kids meal, or just splitting Nathan's. Neither of us could finish our food! I about fell asleep on the way home so decided to take a nap when I got us there. Then there was a phone call from Steph that thoroughly enjoyed until Nathan tripped coming out of our reading corner and plowed into the corner of the piano bench.

Once I got the blood cleaned up the cut looked a little deeper than I would like to see, so Steph and I had to get off the phone so I could get kids ready. We stopped at Amanda's, they were doing yard work today, to get a second opinion before I dragged all 3 kids to the ER. She agreed it may need sewn up, he gashed a decent amount right below his lip, almost in the corner. She kept Oren there with her to help pull weeds and play with the neighbor girl.

1 1/2 hours later we swung back home with 2 stitches by his lip. They didn't use enough lidocaine to numb him up so they had to back and inject him with more, but he was a trooper. Even as easy-going as he is, I had them wrap him in sheets since he is so big and I knew he would be a bit scared. He's had stitches before and remembered them. But he did great and earned 2 stickers! What a fun day for him!

I, however, and thoroughly exhausted. After getting home, Mark pulled in for dinner. I remembered we have an elder's quroum social tomorrow and I am supposed to help bring bacon, and another breakfast-ey thing. I didn't have bacon, or enough eggs, so I left the boys there with Daddy while he ate and I ran to the store for those. By this time it was 6:30 and I had no dinner ready since I had just gotten home from the ER. Those rotisserie chickens have never looked so good! Needless to say, that's what we ate for dinner. And it was yummy!

Although, the taco salad Steph and I kept talking about still would have tasted better.....


Jake & Lisa Danes said...

Wow what a day. I am glad that Nathan is healing well with all of those surgeries. That is too bad about the stitches though. I want a nap just reading about your day.

Stephanie said...

Mmmm, taco salad...

Too bad about Nathan and the stitches. Poor thing, he really sounded in pain, he kept crying, "Owie, owie, owie, owie!" Hope he feels better soon. He really is such a trooper, with all the surgeries and now stitches.

Calista said...

Ouch on the stitches! Sounds like the rest of your day was pretty fun for the two of you, though. Sometimes the busiest days are the most fun :)