Friday, July 18, 2008

Blue....

Okay, you have to sing that Leanne Rhimes song "Blue over you." Where she sings with that voice that cracks on the word "blue".

Nathan's quilt is turning out so cute! Blue squares in the middle, Noah's Ark, Raindrops or plaid. All blue background in the same sort of tone. Then it alternates between white strips and then blue around that or the other way around. Like a checker board. I thought I would have enough fabric to do the quilt. I have enough fabric for the squares, but only enough of the dark blue for half the quilt plus a couple squares. And the same for the white. So I have to go to Walmart and cross my fingers they have almost the same color and weight, mine is quite heavy. White is easy. If Walmart doesn't have any that's close enough, I will have to go by Joanns on my way to Mom's tomorrow. I really hope I can find something close enough, because this is an adorable quilt, and he will love it, and I don't want to make it look wierd or off because it will drive me crazy to look at it if the fabric doesn't match well.

But I did get 3 rows done. That's 18 squares! Out of 48, not bad...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like it's going to be cute. Hopefully the fabric is there. I'm sure you will be able to do something cute with whatever you find.

Stephanie said...

Sounds cute, you're going to have to take pictures as you work so we can watch you progress. I bet it will be adorable!