Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Picture of the Day #41

I was going through my cake photos the other day to figure out which ones weren't in my portfolio. I realized I didn't have one of the cake I did for Oren's 4th birthday! Oh no! This was the neatest cake ever, one I will never duplicate because it drove me nuts, and I didn't even have a picture of it. (I formatted my computer and lost all the pictures from almost 1 1/2 years) I mentioned this to my friend Amanda, who laughed and said she had just found one she had taken of it on her camera phone. What a coincidence! She can send emails from her phone, so she mailed it to me right then and there.

For some reason he had wanted a "waterpark cake". I found this in a Woman's Day magazine and put it together. A cutout filled with blue jello for a pool, white chocolate and blue sprinkle water slide, teddy grahams with frosting swimsuits. I even bought several little bags of m&m's and picked out the blue ones for the border! What was I thinking? He loved it, though I am not sure how to top that one for this year's party?

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

WOW!! What a cool cake!!!

Stephanie said...

That is an amazing cake! You know, I see all those cute cakes in magazines and think, I should try that sometime, but it never really happens... But you actually did one, and it turned out great! I love it!

Melinda said...

WOW. Just wow.