Friday, May 16, 2008

It's late...

... and I am tired. Not just any tired. The kind where you are typing with your eyes closed.

The ladies did come after all, I was a little worried that they would forget or that I scared the new girl by being so outgoing. Guess not! We had a great time scrapbooking together, they loved playing with all my stuff. I have a lot of stuff. The new sister went home around 5 to make dinner for her hubby, and my other friend stayed at my house. I ended up making dinner for all of us, there was going to be plenty so why not share. We had Mark's Mom's Meatloaf. Yumm! Then we scrapbooked some more, until her munchkin got tired.

So she called her husband and had him pick up her little boy and get him to bed. She stayed and we ended up working until 10:00. 8 hours! I didn't know this at the time, but this was her first time scrapbooking, ever. I had a newbie! That was a lot of fun, showing her all kinds of things you can do.

So yummy dinner, great company, and cute pages. What a great day!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go with all the scrapbooking. I bet it was fun to be able to work/hang out with other people. I'd love to see some of the pages when it's finished...I assume you are working on the grandma books.

Stephanie said...

I'm glad they came and it was so fun! That's great. Hope you got some good sleep last night after staying up so late!

Kathy Whittle said...

That's so fun that your friends came, especially the newbie. I was a newbie just last fall and have so much to learn. What are the grandma books?

Michelle said...

Aunt Kathy, grandma books are just little scrapbooks that I make, some are 6 inches- glued cardstock that makes a book- or 8 inches- custom made post bound albums. I posted the 6 inch directions on my blog, "lil scrapper" on the label list. Sometimes I make them into small photo albums for quiet books, I did one with alphabet pictures. Sometimes I do little scrapbooks to sends to grandmas, just fun pictures from the year like birthdays, Christmas, school plays, them being cute... My mom and Mom-in-law love these, and since the pages are so small, they are really easy to post a photo with some decoration, they aren't made to be really complicated pages due to space.

CissaLynn said...

Very cool getting to scrapbook and spend time w/friends!!! I had a friend that I used to go scrapbooking w/once a month and it was sooo much fun! We would go to these "crops" at the scrapbooking store from like 6pm to midnight!!! It was fun, but, oh so exhausting!!! :) I haven't gotten to scrapbook in FOREVER, but hopefully, soon!!!! I miss it!!! :)) Too bad I don't live by you!!!! :))
Hope you are rested by now and glad to hear you had soooo much fun!!!! :))