Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting nowhere...

With the house. I'll spend 4 hours cleaning, putting things from their random spots into where they are supposed to go, folding and putting away laundry, doing dishes. And the boys are right behind me making messes! Having accidents in their britches, finding featherdusters and making it snow white pulled-apart feathers everywhere, dumping rice all over the floor, giving Daniel butter...

I was trying to help myself feel better about all the cleaning yesterday by reminding myself that it was burning calories. :-) But even with all the work, you could barely tell I did anything. Thank you, Mom, for letting me know that it is actually harder to keep a small house clean. Somehow I thought that it would be easier. I forgot to calculate the fact that we downsized and therefore have more stuff than most families these apartments are intended for. It's not a 6-person house, unless those people moved from a lot smaller place.

I guess a positive thing is that the more weight I lose, the more energy I have and the easier it is to move around. I'm just making a dent in both, but a dent is still a dent, right? It can just be overwhelming at times though.

By the way, remind me to never complain about the size of my kitchen again. Because I'm fairly certain I won't live in a place with a smaller kitchen than this one!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I feel your pain! In my HEAD, I know thing's would be easier if I 'had a place for everything and everything in it's place'...but NOTHING stays in it's 'place' with three little curious helpers. It gets so frustrating sometimes. I'm glad your mom gave you a pick-me-up and you could blog without sounding too jaded! Moms of miraculously disastrous children unite!!

Rachel Holloway said...

soooo know how this goes! Some days I look around and am just in awe at how we have so much STUFF...when I SWORE It all had a place at one point...and yet now there is nowhere!
Love your viewpoint on the kitchen though--we are in a similar situation! Pretty sure we could not have less space than we do ever again!

Stephanie said...

Makes me think of the kitchen in the apartment we escaped from when we bought this house. Yeah, I won't miss that. Way to go trying to see the bright side of not-cleaning - burn those calories!