Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hotter than......

just about anything! Poor Mark came home last night, smelling awful because of the gallons of sweat he'd gone through, and announced that the flightline where he works was a good 115 degrees! Seriously! The guys were supposed to work for 10 minutes, then rest for 15, and drink a quart of water an hour. Which they would have done, but they are so far behind on work that the rest of the base would have been seriously mad if they had actually taken the breaks. He did drink the water though, hence all the sweat. My poor pregnant nose!

The boys wanted to play outside yesterday evening, and I couldn't let them because of the heat. Not even the swimming pool, because it was completely clear skies and they just recovered from the last bad sunburn. Temperatures that hot can be dangerous. Even walking from Walmart to the car yesterday afternoon was torture! Didn't help I was wearing pants..... it's shorts today, for certain.

Mark and I were shocked to discover that I have 10 weeks until I'm full term. That's it! They'll induce somewhere between 37 and 39 weeks, and all my babies have been between 37 and 38 weeks. So basically, in 10 weeks from now, it's very likely I could be having a baby! Yikes! Time to really figure out that nursery. I've been looking at fabrics and nursery sets, and there just isn't anything in my price range in the green and brown. I did find one I liked in a navy and dark tan that would work for when we move William into that room too. Considering it very heavily..... And I wouldn't have to recover my chair, which is an odd size and therefore more expensive and hard to find slipcovers for. It's too small for most standard slipcovers!

And heaven bless Walmart! They have the most wonderful sugar-free angel food cakes! Perfect for those little sweet cravings I've been having lately. Slap some cool whip and berries on a piece of that, and I'm in sweet bliss!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Wow!you are getting close. How exciting. I can't wait to see the nursery. I totally understand the heat issue. Most of the day the sun is right on our front door. We have to stay inside all afternoon. No fun at all.

Kathy Whittle said...

I didn't realize you were that far along! Hey, I buy those sugar free angel food cakes from Wal-Mart too and do the berries and cool whip thing too! I hope it cools off even a little bit for you.