Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Official Easter!

Oh boy, did the kids sure have fun doing Easter eggs at Grandma's! Daddy was awesome and spearheaded the egg decorating effort. Keeping track of our three, plus Rheanna and Samuel, several things of permanent egg dye, glitter, glue, stickers, and 2 1/2 dozen eggs was no mean feat. What a guy! Unfortunately, preggo brain has kicked in and your's truly forgot the camera..... I know, sad itsn't it. They were all very colorful though, and the kids had lots of fun.

We didn't stay for dinner like normal, they had a baptism to head off too, so we took off for home around 3. We stopped by Winco to stock up on some cereals and chicken. And guess what! They had watermelons!!!!! My angel of a hubby tracked down an employee to find the corner they were hiding in, just for me. He is so thoughtful of my food cravings, even if it means packing up all the kids and hitting a chinese resaurant last minute. (William must have been born loving sweet and sour chicken.....)

The boys were very sad this morning that the Easter Bunny didn't come this morning. Then I remembered that the front door got locked last night, and had the boys check for me. Sure enough, Mr. Easter Bunny couldn't get in, so he left the treats outside by the door! Thanks Easter Bunny for not bringing anything red, and keeping the candy to a bare minimum.... :-) I think it was a funny suprise for them this year. The Easter Bunny even left a sugar-free Russel Stover's chocolate bunny for Mommy, who very much appreciates it and thought it tastes pretty darn good.

And I made the biggest meal today than I have made in the last 2 months. Hurray me! We had a honey glazed ham, roasted asparagus, deviled eggs, homemade mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, and bakery rolls. With a sugar-free chocolate creme pie for desert. Hey, I'm not crazy and know my cooking limits.... rolls would have been a bit much today. And a girl's gotta eat dessert! It was actually a really good pie, from Walmart. Sugar-free has gotten so much better since I was expecting Nathan. But then, it's been nearly 5 years!

Just hanging out for a nice, relaxing Easter Sunday!

No comments: