Friday, January 16, 2009

Merry Christmas for a Happy New Year!

I finally got my Christmas present from Mark. He had made me a little something and accidentally left it at his mom's house at Thanksgiving. It came in the mail a couple days ago, and I was so excited!

A coupon book! He made me a very sweet coupon book. 52 coupons, 1 a week for a year, of things like clean a room, cook a meal, do the dishes, give the boys their bath, date night.... even just go out for ice cream or something! Or I could have him clean out the van, maybe do the laundry. Each coupon has several circles, so I fill in one when I redeem that service. I was going between hugely smiling, to wanting to cry because it was so sweet!

I've been having a hard time this week, meds aren't a complete cure for depression, and I just can't seem to bring myself to tackle all the stuff here that needs done. Now all I have to do is ask to redeem a coupon and voila! The dishes will get done! What a awesome man, and what's funny is that he apologized for doing such a dumb gift. I laughed and said that it's probably one of the best things he's ever given me! What a guy!

Of course the nice thing is that he does stuff without a coupon book to.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's such a great gift! Jeff and I have done coupon books as gifts before, and they're so great. In fact, Jeff's first Christmas gift to me while we were dating was a coupon book for stuff like dishes, vacuuming, and dinner dates (homemade meals no less!) and I thought it was so sweet. Have fun redeeming your awesome coupons!

Melinda said...

I love it! What a very sweet thing for him to do! And the timing sounds like it was perfect, too. Hope you enjoy your Christmas gift ALL year long!

Rachel Holloway said...

love it! What great idea!! And a gift that gives all year!

Karen said...

How sweet, enjoy it and let it lift your spirits!