Sunday, September 7, 2008

Not window shopping anymore...

I love going online and doing window shopping. All kinds of neat stuff. Clothes, toys, cameras...

I love looking at cameras, thinking and comparing which ones would be good and which would just be stinkers...

I went online this evening to look at cameras, but not with the intent to just window shop. William got a hold of my camera this evening whilst I was making jam and dropped it. It was turned on and the lens was extended. It basically jammed the lense over to the side and it could not go back in or go out. It's totally busted. Ouch.

Did you know that I can get twice the camera now for half of what I paid for mine 4-5 years ago? Twice the functions and features...

I don't want to be too picky, but after my Panasonic Lumix, I had some very specific ideas about what I wanted in a camera, since I cannot afford the Nikon d40 that I would love. I like that Amazon has people that give very specific reviews, and I was able to compare much more efficiently between brands and models.

I decided to go with the Canon Powershot A590. LCD and viewfinder, decent zoom, automatic and manual controls that should be relatively easy to figure out the basics but still provide a challenge to learn more about photography with the more advanced settings.

A lot more, for less than have of what I paid for my old one. In fact, I only paid $120. Not a bad deal. (And the camera has video with actual sounds, my old one took video but didn't have a microphone!)


On the bright side, the bright side besides the camera, I got some jam made today! The stuff we scraped out of the pan tasted really good, and it will be fun to crack open that first jar! My friend had never even seen something being canned before, so she found it fascinating. I enjoyed getting in and making jam again, I haven't had a chance yet this summer. Today was grape, I will play around with some grape/plum next. And then some grape jelly!

Busy, busy, busy....!

6 comments:

Nicia said...

Congrats on the new camera! That is always so fun to get something new like that. You'll have to post lots of pictures now!!

Stephanie said...

Looking forward to seeing the pics you're able to take with your new camera (when it comes). So great that you were able to get it for such a good price.

Rachel Holloway said...

I wish you luck...hope yours works better than mine did. I got this in my testing of a diaper bag camera and really wasn't impressed...

could have been a bad batch. Am anxious to see how your pics turn out. Maybe mine was just a dud. :)

Congrats on the new camera nonetheless...

CissaLynn said...

Congrats on getting a new camera!!! How fun will that be to play around w/it and learn how it works!!!! Taking pics is sooooo much fun and I have been trying to take mine wherever I go (just in case)! I have gotten into this new thing of taking my "own" picture for fun! I guess cause "us moms" never seem to end up in the pics, I have been making up for lost time!!! lol!!! :)

Can't wait to see some pics from your new camera!!! :)

Kathy Whittle said...

I think the Canon A590 is the one Justin has - you're going to really like it!

Sarah said...

Nothing like a good excuse to get something new. I hope you enjoy your new camera. We have the Nikon D40 and honestly I'm too scared to try and use it. So, that's Jon's camera and I use our little HP point and shoot. :)