Thursday, July 3, 2008

Roughing It

I am going to be gone for the next couple days, we are going camping until late Saturday. This time is also Mark's idea. There are several places within an hour of us, and he wants to make good use of the tent.

The problem is that today was 106, and this weekend is going to be almost as hot. OUCH! So, armed with sunscreen and plenty of ice, we are braving the great outdoors. We are borrowing a camping stove, scrounged wood for a fire, got pokey fork thingies for roasting marshmallows and cooking hotdogs. There had better be trees at the camping site or I am turning around and going right back home. Too hot without trees!

Today was spent in Boise going to a doctor's appointment. They said my Lamictal seems to be working fine so far, and they are going to start me on Concerta next week. Oren resonds very well to the Concerta so they figured I would too. I get to play with the dosage myself, increase it until I feel good. Or notice I am less hyper and temper-tantrumy. (I'm just making up words right and left aren't I...) We went and ate pizza, a big treat for the boys, and buzzed to Home Depot for some plants. Went home, gave William a nap, ran to the store for food stuffs for the weekend.

I will be returning red as a lobster, even with the sunscreen. I burn through spf 80, done it before. Maybe I should wear green on Sunday, cancel out the red of my face and chest. Oren and Mark will be tan, Nathan and William will hopefully not be as red as me. I will sleep well on our air mattress, which is suprisingly comfortable, but the kids will be up very late. Hopefully there is a body of water nearby for cooling off, and the bug repellent works. We just got over the last bug bites...

I am glad Mark suggested camping. We thought it best to begin small, and close to home, and gradually work our way up to 3 days or so, a little farther, like 3-4 hours away. I always enjoyed camping with my family, and I am a little ashamed that when we went with my folks, it was the first time Mark and I had ever been camping together, and our kids' too. How sad. We'll have to remedy that...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ditto to all that. We have yet to go camping, and I burn like a lobster.

I hope you have a great time camping, and don't burn too painfully! :)

Sarah said...

Have fun camping. I am a little bit jealous...just that you get to go camping, not about the heat. Enjoy the weekend!

Rachel Holloway said...

hope you have a great time! It's about time you guys get out and go--(whose talking?? Oh ya...me, who has still not ever been camping as a family!)

Karen said...

Have fun and enjoy exploring the great outdoors with your boys...don't think about the heat (yeah, right!)