Friday, May 30, 2008

"Whooped" Cream

Oren informed me, in very serious tones, this morning, "Mommy, whooped cream turns into hot whooped cream milk when you melt it." Yes it does, my wise little child, yes it does.

He has really impressed me today. He came and told me as I was doing my hair that William, the evil genius mastermind of messes, had pulled a box of noodles that I had already helped him clean up once this morning, and scattered them around the living room. Ugh. Well, I figured the mess could wait a while while I coaxed my curls into decent submission instead of random frizz. When the blowdryer was done, I could hear the sound of something electronic running in the living room. Oren had gotten out my little floor sweeper, and was cleaning the mess for me! And wouldn't let me help him.

I love that they are getting older!

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a funny little guy! And smart one too!! I am glad you see all the good in the kids growing up. What a blessing!!! I sure love them small, but looking forward to a few extra hands to help out too!!

Anonymous said...

That is so very cute! The years when their greatest aspiration is to be a 'good helper' are just so much fun to watch :)

Melinda said...

What an exciting age. I love the 'whooped cream' incident. They get so smart so fast!

Karen said...

Love the "whooped cream". What a cute little guy.

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

It is fun watching them grow older, being able to do so many more things. You've got a great little helper there! Jordan always loved to sweep, shovel snow, and eventually mow the lawn, even when he couldn't see over the handle.

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

Nice,you could always send him to our house, we would be more than happy to let him clean for us... JK