Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stop the Insanity!

My word! I have not slowed down much at all this week. Several doctor's visits scheduled, therapy, good bye parties for preschool, a trip to Boise for an appointment for me, and a cake to decorate for Saturday. Amanda came over this morning out of boredom while I was "cleaning" and helped me knock out a bunch of stuff. Sweeping and mopping, and then she helped me tackle the disaster in the laundry room. What a sweetie! Of course, I was over all the time cleaning her house when she was pregnant, so now she's paying me back. It's great to have a friend like that. Sometimes cleaning is easier with two.

I think we have figured out what to get Oren for his birthday. He is always playing with my camera, taking pictures of everything, chasing Nathan around with the camera. He actually lucks out and gets some good shots, which is cool. So we found a little $20 camera for kids at Walmart. I know it won't take the best pictures, but we figure... he's 6. It'll be fine. This way he leaves our nice, expensive camera alone. That's the hope anyway! Maybe he'll have a talent for it...

We have been blessed with lots of wind this week. Last night was another dust storm. Lots of trash barrells blown around the street, pieces of roofing in the road and in backyard, and fences blown down. Ours gets knocked over about twice a year, and this is the second time. Even the supports that they had leaning against the fence to help prop it up didn't hold it. Of course. It's flimsy metal posts! What we need it 8 foot 4x4's dug down 2 feet and cemented in. Not 2 inch diameter hollow metal posts dug in 12 inches. We are on the edge of housing, and there is a wind issue! Hello! At least fill our posts in with concrete.... Sorry, we are getting a little tired of calling in the fence every time it gusts. Thanks for letting me vent. At least we don't have to pay for the repairs...

Mark gets Friday off this week, for Memorial Day weekend. And I have to be in Boise for all morning, and probably a good portion of the afternoon. What will the house look like when I return? I am scared to think about it. He'll have all three kids all day. Who will survive? The betting booth is now open, ladies and gentlemen.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm betting on the kids - they have primeval youth on their side! Sorry about your fence constantly blowing down - but like you said, you don't have to pay for it! Count your blessings, huh?

McD Fam said...

I always hated have to call the same thing in when we lived on base. Ours was the A/C, though, in the middle of summer.
It's always nice to have friends come over to help you clean, I know I love it!
I'd bet on your hubby. I've noticed several people comment about how well the dads handle things on their own, despite the fact that they can't seem to manage whenever we're at home:)