Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day All!

Well, it had to happen sometime. A good day... who could have seen it coming?

The kids woke up fairly happy, managed not to pour cereal all over the floor that my friend had just swept and mopped the night before. (I have a great friend!) They got dressed in decent time, Mommy's hair did not require an hour to look civilized, Daddy's shirt wasn't too wrinkled. We were only 5 minutes late to church instead of the usual 30 minutes (yes I said 30). William went to Nursery just fine, I had songs for Relief Society picked out ahead of time, I got to play with a baby and then hand her back when she got fussy. My husband and my children all showed up in the Relief Society room at the same time, we all made it back out to the car in one piece.

I actually cooked a meal, crunchy tacos with homemade taco seasoning. Mark and the boys cleaned up the meal for me, and the dishwasher was run. I got computer time and was able to edit some photos for the mother's day scrapbook thingies I am putting together. While I was doing that Mark rounded up the kids to sign my card. He had the kids do a little photo shoot, doing mischievious things...



Painting on the wall (a previous mess...)



Wrestling on Mommy's bed (a big no-no)


And other interesting little things the kids have done lately like pull their blinds down and ruin them, or pour water all over the carpet in their room to "get the stains off it".


And then he had them pose for one last picture...


They presented my card with these little bouquets that he helped them find flowers for: small branches from our tree in the backyard, small pink flowers I just found yesterday from a plant I thought wouldn't come back, and deep purple pansies from flowers that grew from seeds Mark planted for me last fall. I don't think a bouquet was ever so pretty or made me smile so big.

After all this niceness I was quite wore out, and I went and laid down for a bit. Mark shut the door and kept the kids quiet for as long as he could, no mean feat.

Then my good friend Amanda called, the same one who came over last night and swept and mopped my kitchen/dining room, and invited us over to share the huge dinner she made. So we ended the day with good food, and good friends. Mark even helped put the kids to bed! I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day! Thank you boys for being so good today, and thank you my sweet husband for making today a great day.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

So sweet! I love the mischievous pictures and the flowers! Glad you had such a nice day. :)

By the way, I keep meaning to call you, then promptly forget each time! I'm so sorry, because I totally owe you a phone call! I'll get it right soon!

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

So glad you had such a nice Mother's Day! Love the pictures, and how nice that you got to go to someone's home for dinner - no cleanup on your end!

Rachel Holloway said...

What a wonderful mother's day!! WOW! All sorts of wonderful things happened!! You deserved them all!! Happy mom's day!

Karen said...

Love the pics of the sweet little guys being silly:) Glad you had a good Mother's day.

Melinda said...

What a wondeful day! I'm so glad things went well and you enjoyed yourself!! Nice bouquets, by the way!

Sarah said...

Sounds like it was a great day! We really should celebrate Mother's day more often.

CissaLynn said...

That was an adorable idea your husband had to take those mischievous pics!!!! I love it!!!
What a great day, girl!!!! I love their flowers they gave you! Very sweet!!!!