Friday, April 18, 2008

Sickies?

You know how I thought William was teething? Well, he wasn't just teething. Oh no... It couldn't be that simple. Yesterday he really wasn't wanting to eat a whole lot. No biggy, but after dinner I noticed some blister/bumps that weren't there before we sat down to eat. And this morning he had more, including some actually on his lips, which are red and sore looking. He wants to eat but cries at some textures or anything spicy like the spaghetti sauce we had last night. The verdict? According to my health handbook, hand-foot-and-mouth disease. Lovely! Viral and very contagious, will just run it's course. Blisters on the mouth usually show up first followed by hands and sometimes feet and bottom. I'll keep an eye on it, but of course it means he is quite grumpy and clingy.

Nathan fell asleep on the bus yesterday coming home from school, which happens occasionally, but was rather subdoed the rest of the evening. Today he wanted to just sit and watch movies, and was a little warm right before he put himself down for a nap. Then he woke up crying a little bit ago and proceeded to throw up his blueberry pancakes from this morning. Now he is napping on the couch again, warm but clammy feeling, kind of damp and sweaty. Poor thing.

I got it figured out. I have been getting so many good deals lately, this is just another one. A two for one sale, buy one get one free! I am glad I got out and got some time to relax this week, because strangely, this isn't stressing me out at all. Things happen! I got some time to myself, to restock my energy and my patience, and now I have plenty to deal with and care for my little ones who need me. At least I will get lots of cuddles the next couple of days. And hey, it's Friday! I find it hard to be too stressed when it is Friday, the sun is out, and the weather warm. Bring on the sickies!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, oh. The good thing is that when Kellen and Madison had it a while ago it only took about a week for it to run its course. Not much fun but, supposedly, once they've had it they should never get it again :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Glad you at least have a good attitude about it. If it means that kids will sleep, I say Kaden should get sick...really soon. :)

Stephanie said...

That's too bad that they aren't feeling well. I'm glad you are feeling up to the challenge of taking care of them lovingly. Good luck!

Sarah said...

I hope they get better soon. Although I agree with you that the nice thing about them being sick is that you get a lot more cuddling...and they sleep a lot more.

CissaLynn said...

Aww! I hope they feel better very soon! That is sooo cute that your little guy fell asleep on the bus! What a sweetie!!! :)