Thursday, April 10, 2008

Picture of the Day #30




Okay, this may not look like much, but we thought it was pretty awesome. When we say prayer before a meal, we help William fold his arms, and sometimes we help him "say" the prayer. Today at snacktime I put him in his seat, and placed his snack on the tray. I then went and sat down in the living room. Mark came in the kitchen and started laughing... There was William sitting quietly with his arms folded, waiting for the prayer! He snapped a picture really quickly before William started eating. What a funny little guy!

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

YEAH! I love it when my kids catch on to the whole prayer thing...

J & A Danes said...

That is so awesome. I think that sometimes as mothers, we wonder if anything we ever teaches our children EVER take root. It's so refreshing to see evidence that it does!

Stephanie said...

That's so sweet! Yesterday I was about to say prayer for lunch when Zaylee suddenly popped up, "I'll say it!" It was her first time volunteering for it. So cute and wonderful when they start to pick up things like that!

Michelle said...

Mark and I hardly ever get to say the prayer, the boys insist on doing it at every meal time... We don't mind, we spent 2 years arguing over whose turn it was. I love when oppertunities present themselves for teaching about prayer. Like when the kids wake up with nightmares or when they feel sick. Oren was sick at school, threw up, and they called me to come get him. He seemed fine the rest of the day, and told his teacher later (she is LDS) that he got better because he prayed to Heavenly Father that he would feel better. His idea, not mine. I am so proud of how he is growning.

Stephanie said...

There's a tag for you on my blog! :)