Friday, January 11, 2008

Yay!

Oren got to take the sling off today. Let me tell you, you want to thin your hair out, put a 5 year old in a sling for 4 weeks. What a relief that is over with. Although, by some fluke happening, my cell phone is in Nampa and I am not. It fell out of my purse at the Family Dollar in the parking lot. Not realizing, I went to Oren's appointment, and afterward needed to make a phone call. Panicked, I emptied the purse, diaper bag, stroller, and much of William's side of the van which is where I put my purse usually. Nada.... So I went back to the store and scoured the parking lot, checked at the store, up and down the aisles and the front desk. I concluded rather upsettley that someone had picked it up and kept it. When I got home someone from the TANNING SALON RIGHT NEXT DOOR had called saying someone had turned in the phone and they had it at the store. Problem is, I won't be going back down to Boise until next Wednesday and I won't be able to go down the Nampa that day, it's way out of the way and I will have my friend and her little 4 week old with me. What fun. Just another day in the life of me.

But I don't mean to sound like I am whining. Stuff like this happens a lot with me and I pretty much take it in stride. Please picture me laughing as I am really just telling a funny, ironic, story about the chaos that is my life. And I want another baby..... LOL

Happily, I got on the scale today and discovered............ drumroll please............ I weigh less than 200 for the first time in at least 4 years! I know that is still a really high number, hence the new year's resolution. My eating plan is working. I put on a shirt today that is usually a little snug. Not today, it hung straight down from my chest and did not bump over my stomach! I also went shopping and found that I don't have to buy the expensive bras in 40 B, the cheap ones come in 38 B, which now fits. Sorry, this just feels so good. It's been a long time since I was this happy with myself. I want to love myself as much as Mark loves me. Imperfections and all. But it would be easier if that me was a little smaller. :-)

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Hooray for your new goals and the success you are having! I think that is wonderful. I would love to know what eating plan you are on that is helping you drop weight so quickly (or lose inches). That is so exciting...something I definitely need to try!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the sling coming off! I'm not sure I could handle Madison being in that spot for 4 wks...And hopefully you'll be able to get your cell phone back soon. I certainly would be interested in knowing what eating plan you're on,too. Maybe we bloggers can all do it together, since doing things as a group can be a huge motivator. Food for thought....

Melinda said...

Congrats! I know what a wonderful thing it is too fit BACK into things that have been sitting in boxes. Sorry about the phone, though. That's a rough one to be without!

Karen said...

Awesome! Keep up the good work. Glad your little one is out of the sling. Don't you sometimes wonder how much good those are on a child??!! Please do post your eating plan...If it's healthy and works I would really be interested.