Friday, January 18, 2008

My quiet time...

I always thought I was not much of a morning person. But since Oren was moved into morning kindergarten I have discovered that a part of me actually likes it. I get up about 1/2 hour before I get the kids up. I am able to go potty without William holding onto my legs, he has cold hands a lot and so that's not my favorite thing he does. I can pick clothes that will make me feel good, not throw on anything clean because the baby is screaming to get out of his crib. When I come out of my room, it is quiet. The children are behaving, because they are asleep. There are no suprise messes, the house looks like it did when I went to bed, it is like a fresh clean slate. Oren is a very high maintenance child, and Nathan needs lots of patience with his speech and behavioral issues as well. And William, well, he's just 15 months old and his needs just come with the territory. Although if the crackers are low enough on the pantry shelf, he knows which box they are in and helps himself.... But in the morning, I get to take some time just for me. I get to decide when the craziness starts, and I am in charge. Later my whole day can dissolve into total chaos, and it usually does, but those few minutes in the quiet before the dawn, those are all mine and I love it.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That is so nice to have some quiet moments to yourself...necessary too! :) I am glad you found a time just for you!

Melinda said...

I used to love mornings, too, but right now (I think 'cuz of the pregnancy) I've been putting a child lock on Evie's door so I can at least stay in bed another 15 minutes instead of flying out in a rush for mess control. I look forward to when they're older...like yours and Rachel's.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much a difference it makes to have that quiet time; I don't get it very often right now so my nerves have been a little frayed lately...