Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How my life is changing...

You know, it's funny... last time I had a large weight loss and was working out, I didn't notice the little things as much as I am now.

Picture a turtle on it's back. Got it? Okay, now put my face on it. You're laughing right? Well, that was me trying to get up off the floor just a short time ago. I've noticed since trying to strengthen my arms and my core (abs and back) that it is so much easier. No more rocking back and forth and trying to grab things to pull up on. Yeah. It was that bad.

Also when trying to get up, I would close my fist and lock my wrist, putting my weight on my knuckles. Because I have carpal tunnel and placing my hand open on the ground to support my weight would hurt and make my hands go instantly numb. But not any more! It's habit now that I'm trying to break and still catch myself doing, but I can use my hand normally to lift myself now.

Even things as simple as drying my legs off after a shower... I used to have to prop my leg on the counter because I couldn't bend without doing an odd squat thing. Being able to move like a normal person is perhaps one of the biggest joys I've had since starting this journey. I can bend. I can pick up things off the floor without sounding like I'm dying!

I would normally insert a picture here, but Mark did indeed take the camera to school today. So maybe we'll get one later on and I'll post it. Maybe tomorrow. But I will post one because I promised a 20 lb shot, didn't I?

That's right! This morning I weighed in at 206.4. That's a total of 20.6 lbs lost so far! Several inches off my waist, hips, and chest are missing as well now...

And you know what's the funniest thing to me? It's not the getting up, or the fact that I can do pushups and sit ups, or even the fact that the brand new jeans I just bought are getting loose in the thigh and I can nearly fit the next size down (although that is pretty ironic)... It's the fact that I feel wrong when I get up and don't work out. Like on Sundays, it's my rest day. And it just feels weird to me. Because every day I get up early and either walk/jog, or do a pilates or other toning video, or sometimes an aerobic workout video. Some sort of exercise. That moving sets the tone for the rest of my day and I realized that I love it. How's that for a huge life change?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you.

Rachel Holloway said...

SO PROUD OF YOU! You are doing amazing things!

Ticklemedana said...

that is so awesome! congrats Michelle!!!

Stephanie said...

Yay for 20 pounds! You're doing amazing. :)

Law Family said...

That is something to be very proud of! Good job and keep up the good work !