Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A lucky break

I was looking a local grocery store flyer on Sunday and noticed that chicken leg quarters were on sale for $0.66 a pound. That's a pretty good price and we use those quite often. So I wanted to go and get some. Monday is military discount day at the store so I wanted to go, but I couldn't think of anything else that I really needed to get while in town. So I decided not to go, because the cost of gas is too high to make an unecessary trip all the way to town, about 30 minutes away.



Monday morning rolled around and the phone rang. Nathan's therapist will be out of town the end of the week and was wondering if I could reschedule one of his days to Tuesday morning. Sure, why not, I don't have anything else going on. Then it occured to me, the sale goes through till today and I will be in town! I won't get the military discount, which basically equals sales tax, but I still get the good price on the leg quarters. Thank you Miss Gayle!



So in a bit I will be going down to town and partaking of the good deal before me. Then we might go down to the library and find some good books and have some quiet time. I gotta find something to do with the little guys before I go stir crazy. It would be nice to do a zoo day or something.

No comments: