Tuesday, April 8, 2008

When Momma's sick....

So today was fun! I woke up with the most horrendous stomach cramps ever. I was in so much pain that I could neither sit nor stand, so ended up hunched over like I was 102 years old. I decided to wake only Oren, leaving the other 2 alseep, thereby relieving some the busy of getting kids ready to go. Nathan was tired anyway, and William was out since he was up a good deal of last night screaming anytime I put him down. He wasn't feeling good, so I was happy when Mark came home at 12:15 and took over baby duty so I could go to sleep.

I had debated whether to even bother driving Oren to school, but since Mark was up with William I decided to let him sleep this morning and opted to take Oren late, since I could barely move, that way I could just drop him off at the door instead of walking him to his teacher and standing in line with him to go in. Feeling guilty, yes. Worth it, definetly.

Mark and the other boys woke after a while, but due to lack of decent food for breakfast and being very tired I had a very lazy morning. I really didn't want to get in the car and drive, so Mark volunteered to pick up Oren. I did do some lunch while he was gone, and with some Ramen noodles in my system I felt a little better. So I was able to take Nathan to the bus. I talked Mark into going to the store with me to restock the pantry, since William was fighting his nap, hopefully he would fall asleep in the car, and Mark could push the cart. William did not, however, fall asleep, so I ended up very slowly pushing the cart up and down the aisles while Mark contended with the SCREAMIMG William. He fell asleep in the car on the way home. Thank goodness!

I managed a small nap when we got home, Mark put away the groceries. William ended up sleeping from 1:30 to almost 7:00, so he and I are in for another late night. Great... And the workmen are digging some sort of something behind my house, disturbing all the dry plants, and setting off my allergies big time, which hasn't helped. The kids have sort of run rampant, and the house is a disaster, I just want to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will go better. My mom and Grandma Danes are supposed to be coming down to Base on Friday to pick up Grandma's meds, and they usually stop by here for lunch and a visit. So I need to clean like a madwoman for the next few days. My stomach has pretty much quit hurting, so hopefully that will clear up and let me get stuff done! Isn't it fun when Mommy is the sick one?

We think William has an ear infection, I gently tugged his ears earlier and one was fine, but the other made him scream nicely. So I'll be taking him in tomorrow. Poor guy. That would explain the not wanting to sleep, so he is doped up on some motrin right now, since that is what the doc would give him for pain until the ammoxicillin kicked in anyhow. I am thinking he may have some allergies that clogged his sinuses and led to an infection. He has been rather "snotty" out the nose of late, like mommy has. What fun! I love springtime!


The Holloways said...

What an ICKY day! I hope you are feeling better today and get to enjoy lunch with your mom and grandma.

Good luck--with hopes for a nap today--SOMETIME! :)

Farrell Family said...

I hope you both get feeling better and that you're able to enjoy the visit Friday. If you can make it through a day of sickness with kids you can make it through anything.

Stephanie said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're not feeling well! It is so hard when you're the one who's sick. When it's anyone else, you can still do the tiny things to keep the house running, but when it's you, NOTHING gets done! I hope you're feeling better soon. Enjoy the visit from Mom and Grandma.