Saturday, April 26, 2008

They Sat Still!

Hold the press.... my children sat still! I know, I couldn't believe it myself.... I made Mark look so I would have another witness...

We were headed to town to get WIC and noticed it was a tad past dinner time. So we pulled into a Subway so we would at least get some healthy food. We got the children settled, checked what sandwhich they wanted, and left them with just one coloring book to share and a box of crayons. I got in line with Mark so he wouldn't have to remember so many sandwhich orders by himself. We were almost through the line, about to pay for our food, when I looked back at the kids to make sure they were at least near the table.

Not only were they still at the table, they were sitting quietly, SHARING the BOOK AND CRAYONS! Amazing! William was even still in his highchair instead of trying to tip out onto his head.... And, they ate almost all their food without too much ado.

Did I miss the base's announcement that they were putting tranquilizers in the water supply? There has to be a logical explanation for this erratic behavior...

They also did suprisingly well in Walmart. There were no huge fits, no spankings, no pulling children out of the clothes racks. (these accompany EVERY trip I make to the store when I am by myself with all three) Could it have anything to do with the fact that Daddy was with us? Is that the secret to pleasanter shopping? If so, that's the new rule. Daddy goes when the kids go.... (wouldn't that be nice?)

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Mine is, when dad's around, the kids stay home! :) jk!

Glad you had a fun family outing. It is so nice when the kids unexpectedly are GOOD!

Melinda said...

I love it when the kids cooperate! I'm glad you had a good evening out. And Subway sounds really good all of a sudden...

Stephanie said...

Wow! Good job boys! Glad they behaved and let you have a good lunch.