Sunday, April 20, 2008

Not quite a peaceful Sunday

With William being contagious and Nathan having just gotten over whatever-it-was, the decision was made to not take the children to church. They were feeling fine, but out of respect to the other moms I didn't want to expose their children. The deal was: Mark would go to his 8:15 meeting, then stay for sacrament meeting. He would come home, and I would leave in time to be there for Relief Society and do my chorister calling, since I had just talked to them the day before and they were expecting me.

Well, Mark got ready and left. And stayed gone... He had decided to stay for Gospel Doctrine class and come home part way through that. Problem was, the main gate is closed and it took him longer than he thought to get home, so by the time he was here, it was too late for me to go. I was a teensy bit upset about that. So I have been home all day, after dealing with sick kids all week, and I didn't get that spiritual uplifting that I really could have used! I did get some homemade chicken noodle soup done for lunch, and cooked actual food for dinner too, both recipes are posted here.

So needless to say, the lack of church has left me a tad bit grumpy, and I would love to break Mark's flash drive with games on it in half and throw it away. The noise drove me crazy. I just wanted to sit and blog this evening, but had to contend with the yelling and screaming as the kids ignored Mark's request to pick up their train set and get pj's on. He can't do bedtime by himself? Sad. No housework got done, becuase I figured if he could sit and waste an entire weekend (seriously) playing video games, I would sit there too and read a good long book. Let him figure out his socks for tomorrow...

But the kids are in bed, and my blogs are all updated. I am soaking in the piece and quiet, and Mark is off sulking. That's life sometimes... To be a little fair, it is a certain time of the month, but after 7 years you think he would learn not to aggravate me right now?

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That bummer Sunday was actually kind of funny! I know not to you--at the time--but I hope you go back and read your fiesty comments about Mark when it ISN'T that time of the month. You said what you felt, which is awesome. But you said it so well that it made me actually chuckle!

Enjoy the week...I hope! :) Looks like you cooked some yummy stuff!

Melinda said...

Sounds similar to my Saturday, I just chose not to blog the yucky part of the day. (It ended with BOTH me and Aaron sulking...) Hope your week improves!

Stephanie said...

Sorry you didn't have the peaceful, spiritual Sunday you needed. I hope you have a great week to make up for it!

Anonymous said...

What a rough day! My Sunday was a little like that, too. When Steve does stuff like that, I do exactly what you did. I figure if everyone else can leave the kitchen after a meal, then I can too! Granted, I know I get better results if I go Steve and tell him what needs to get done and my suggestions for both of us accomplishing it so that both of us can relax. But I don't always do it because sometimes he just talks me out of doing anything and the work is still waiting for me later when he's not available to help. That tends to tick me off, too.

Karen said...

I just have to smile:) I remember that stage of life so well! Hope your week looks up from here:)