Monday, February 11, 2008

Picture of the Day #16

Marinated Steak, Roasted Asparagus, and Broiled Eggplant with Garlic Sauce.... Dinner! I had to take a picture, because after much searching I have found a delicious way to cook eggplant! You sprinkle salt on it and let it sit for 30 minutes, then rinse off and pat dry. Broil both sides until golden, and brush with sesame oil, minced garlic, seasoned rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Brush and soak in, brush and soak in, until all the sauce is gone. Yumm! I am an eggplant convert!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks delicious! Do you brush and soak in while it's broiling, or after?

Michelle said...

You brush the sauce on after it is done broiling.

McD Fam said...

I've only had eggplant once, but this certainly sounds delicious!! How do you shop for eggplant, anyway?

Michelle said...

Lanita, try and pick one that is not mushy, a little give is normal, and the skin shouldn't be puckered. I believe heavy for size is good too.